iPhone 7Plus - Buyer Experience - NoService - Fixed

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Talker

iPhone 7Plus - Buyer Experience - NoService - Fixed

Hi all, here is my experience:

I bought a " iPhone 7Plus 256GB Black " last week and faced a problem on network connectivity, its shows "No Service" in status bar in periodically like once in a hour.

Screenshots shows the issueScreenshots shows the issue

next day I got replaced the device with new one. But faced the same problem in that phone also.

But when network was changed to 3G, it worked, no problem for the whole day.

Then I tried with a vodafone sim for the next day, It worked good without any problem. I visited ooredoo shop and replaced sim card and tried with 4G, but it didn't worked. It showed No Service after one hour as before.

So I called apple support to know if its a software issue, should I wait for an updation to fix this bug or a hardware issue?  They agreed that I can replace the device as I haven't completed 15 days.

When I surfed to apple iPhone7 Tech Specs I realised that there is some model numbers in the head of Cellular and Wireless

Check the words below A1784Check the words below A1784

It shows there are two model numbers which doesn't support CDMA network used Verizon & Sprint,

Unfortunatly my device Model was A1784 ! but as per my knowledge ooredoo is using GSM network !

I searched for reviews of verizon / sprint customers, I found some of them are facing same problem.

Same problem in Verizon NetworkSame problem in Verizon NetworkSame problem in Verizon NetworkSame problem in Verizon Network

So I visited the dealer for 2nd replacement of the device and asked for another model number and got A1661.

Now the best part is I have completed 24 hrs without any problem Smiley Happy 

So Please ensure your Model No before you go for a new iPhone 7Plus (not sure about the 7 though)

*** Models A1778 and A1784 do not support 4G+ network by OOREDOO ***

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Champion

Re: iPhone 7Plus - Buyer Experience - NoService - Fixed

Thanks for Update, and happy to hear about it

congratulations finally your problem has been solved.

Leave Kudus if you Liked the Post, Aske Help by mentioning in post or PM me
accept as solution if post was helpful.
Talker

I was not sure about iPhone 7, my friend have faced same problem with 7 model:A1778

iPhone 7 have same problemiPhone 7 have same problem

Highlighted
Champion

@hashim

The Verizon / Sprint phones are CDMA phones but they do support GSM, UMTS, HSPA and LTE too. They are using a Qualcom chip, while the new one you got (AT&T / T-Mobile) is using an Intel chip.

Qualcom provides a faster 4G+ experience, even on Ooredoo's network. Intel has lower coverage and a bit slower speeds when on 4G+. The issue you had was not related to the phone being CDMA, but more of an issue with the device lineup that Apple is still working to fix.

To be honest I would prefer the Verizon / Sprint model because of the Qualcom chip. Intel is not yet experienced with mobile network chips.

Not an Ooredoo employee. Please mention me (@MRizkBV) when you need help so that I get an instant email notification!
Don't forget to follow me on: Twitter (@MRizkBV) - PSN: MRizkBV - Xbox Live: MRizkBV