Fibre Optic not allowed in partitioned villas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer

Fibre Optic not allowed in partitioned villas

Hi,

So my family and I moved into a villa, which we have now found out to be partitioned.  The fibre optic reciever, fibre, etc, the whole shebang is already installed.  Ooredoo tells me I cannot use it or have fibre optic (despite everything being installed).  Why? 

I have been told its due to the partition (one electricity number - one connection).  Buy why?  Why was it allowed before, and why is it not allowed anymore?

I have had to have this WLL thing which to me is about as useful as mud to clean my windows.  Terrible terrible speed.

CF

5 REPLIES

Re: Fibre Optic not allowed in partitioned villas

Wow,

That is total crap CF.  I'd understand if you went for your walkthough and didn't see the fiber modem, or the already existing hookup.  But its there, hooked to their network -- all you need is for the technicans to turn it on a the switch/NOC!!  Unless its been physcially disocnnected on the street near your villa, in which case they are unlikely to come back.  

Someone here, one of the admins must be able to help.  I'm a fiber nut, and I get the biggest package I can afford.  When we move, its one of the major contributors if we will move to a unit or not (if its go no Fiber, its a no for our family).

Best of luck to you CF.

Newf

Champion

@ChemFenc Fibre is not allowed in partitioned villas due to how the paper work when renting such housing places. Ooredoo can only install one equipment per villa and since its partitioned they will not be able to install an additional one.

Your only solution is the Wireless Landline service. It costs the same as Fibre and has similar speeds.
Not an Ooredoo employee. Please mention me (@MRizkBV) when you need help so that I get an instant email notification!
Don't forget to follow me on: Twitter (@MRizkBV) - PSN: MRizkBV - Xbox Live: MRizkBV
Champion

@MRizkBV Welcome back bro  Smiley Happy

from 29th December Ooredoo stopped to provide Wireless Landline Service.

Leave Kudus if you Liked the Post, Aske Help by mentioning in post or PM me
accept as solution if post was helpful.
Highlighted
Champion

@sajidfarz

Hey, how are you doing?

Even for current customers, or you mean no new sign ups? Also any idea why?

Not an Ooredoo employee. Please mention me (@MRizkBV) when you need help so that I get an instant email notification!
Don't forget to follow me on: Twitter (@MRizkBV) - PSN: MRizkBV - Xbox Live: MRizkBV
Champion

@MRizkBV

I'm doing well and hope you are also doing good 

Current customers can use continue their connection but new customers won't get Wireless Landline Serivice

new application will not be accepted but pending application will get connection.

Leave Kudus if you Liked the Post, Aske Help by mentioning in post or PM me
accept as solution if post was helpful.