Really slow broadband connection in games. Can anyone help asap

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Talker

Really slow broadband connection in games. Can anyone help asap

[ Edited ]

Hello ooredoo, the past 2 weeks or so my broadband connection became terrible in games and even while surfing the web.

Can anyone please help because this problem is starting to bother me and stopping me from playing online games with my friends.

My speed test results if needed
ooredoo.png

3 REPLIES
Observer

Re: Really slow broadband connection in games. Can anyone help asap

Ahmad 464, same problem, CSGO especially when connecting to Dubai servers. Here in Qatar there are a number of IP addresses which are assigned to you when your gateway / router connects to the internet. Mine currently begins 37......whatever. The 37 start ip is no good for getting good connections to dbx servers. You need 178 or 78.

You can look up your IP at whatsmyipaddress.com - to change it requires restarting the system, but doing that 5 or 6 times is not something to take lightly. It usually takes 3 or 4 restarts to get 178 starting address, i have never got 78.

My CSGO ping goes from 250 with 37 down to 105 with 178, a big improvement. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Champion

@Fatboy1109

Its been over a year and I can't believe they still havent fixed the routing issues :/

Not an Ooredoo employee. Please mention me (@MRizkBV) when you need help so that I get an instant email notification!
Don't forget to follow me on: Twitter (@MRizkBV) - PSN: MRizkBV - Xbox Live: MRizkBV
Talker

How do i change the ip address? By restarting what system?