Moving/Shifting Fiber Internet (Process and Questions)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving/Shifting Fiber Internet (Process and Questions)

Good Afternoon Folks, While I'm on hold with 111, I'm looking for the process to "Move/Shift" my 100 MB Fiber Internet. I am moving from Al Muntazah to Gharafa area. My new accommodation already has the Fiber connection wired to the building. As I work from home I am looking for the QUICKEST, and least painful method of moving/shifting my Fiber. I want to be "down" for as little time as possible. Is it possible to maintain internet at my current accommodation, and have it arranged so that Fiber is installed on the first working day after I arrive in my new accommodation? (Assuming that I contact an Ooredoo branch ahead of time) Also - is it true that the moment I request a "move/shift" that my internet connection will be disabled at my current accommodation, pending the moving to the new accommodation? Thanks Everyone, Justin M.
8 REPLIES
Ooredoo Alumni

Re: Moving/Shifting Fiber Internet (Process and Questions)

From what I remember, they had to disable the old one before enabling the new one. What I did was initiating the process early to make sure that the connection is established as soon as I move into the new location.

I'm afraid you will have to face the "no connection" gap, but you don't want to wait until you move to start the process. During this gap, I guess a mobile data card would suffice. There was a 10x times offer, but I guess it's over.

Mobile data cards: http://www.ooredoo.qa/en/data-card

عاداتي حضرية وأفكاري بدوية

Thank you very much. I was dreading that "no connection" gap. Having checked with my colleagues who have moved (same movement scenario), they began the process on the day they moved and it took them roughly 3-4 days. Since we dont need a "Fiber Install" but rather just a Fiber Configuration/Setup.

Yeah, I plan to just up my data plan on the phone and do some internet sharing. Smiley Happy
Champion

The last time I moved was in 2007 when they were still using the old copper system which took me over two weeks to have access to my broadband and landline services again.

Ooredoo is now using Fiber, which should technically make the transfer process instant because there is nothing that will be physically moved specially that even the landline numbers now are nothing but assigned numbers to a local VoIP server.

But don't expect too much, I am sure there will be tons of peper work and documents that need to be processed inside ooredoo before they take an action and move your line, but i will say it again, the process is instant on Fiber.

If you need the internet much maybe you can go for the weekly Unlimited Hala LTE plan which costs 100 QAR a week. I think this should do the job for you temporary and will still cost much less than a 100 Mbps subscription.
Not an Ooredoo employee. Please mention me (@MRizkBV) when you need help so that I get an instant email notification!
Don't forget to follow me on: Twitter (@MRizkBV) - PSN: MRizkBV - Xbox Live: MRizkBV

Hello
I'm shifting my house i live in ezdan 9 compound in wakrah and in moving within the compound from first floor to ground floor. We have already applied for new connections because the old connection transfer is taking too long.. Even for the new connection installations appointment we are given date of almost after 12 days... we need ooredoo tv and internet as soon as possible is there any way we can get an early appointment for the installation @MRizkBV
Highlighted
Champion

@SadafHussain I am really sorry but I do not work for Ooredoo. I can only help you with the basics, but I can't help with account related issues. 

Not an Ooredoo employee. Please mention me (@MRizkBV) when you need help so that I get an instant email notification!
Don't forget to follow me on: Twitter (@MRizkBV) - PSN: MRizkBV - Xbox Live: MRizkBV

Okk thanks
SupportForce

Good morning @SadafHussain, Hope you're doing fine. please email us to community@ooredoo.qa with your application number and the mobile contact number to check from our side regarding your installation.

Br,

Samira 

Done thsnk you so much