No Hala Passport partner after landing at SEZ - Website still lists Airtel as Passport partner

SOLVED
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tipster

No Hala Passport partner after landing at SEZ - Website still lists Airtel as Passport partner

Hi,

Has anyone faced such an issue, if so, please guide me how to go about resolving it.

I had recently travelled to Seychelles (SEZ), before travelling I had checked Ooredoo's website to see if they had Passport service at SEZ. Airtel was listed as the service partner at SEZ.

SEZ_OoredooPassportInfo.png

So, I activate Hala passport and left Qatar to Seychelles. After landing at Seychelles, I switch the phone on and was really surprised and kinda shocked to receive an SMS from Ooredoo saying "NO SERVICE PARTNER IN SEYCHELLES, NORMAL INTERNATIONAL ROAMING RATES WOULD BE CHARGED".

SMS.jpg

I could not use the phone as intended; this affected my travel plans, as Google maps and internet were two things that I was counting on in a foreign country. All this inspite of having double checked the Ooredoo website before activating Hala Passport.

Now, I would like to know, how to go about claiming a refund. I have written to the customer service, if there is anything else that needs to be done, please let me know.

If any of you guys have gone through a similar situation, do share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

JGC

3 REPLIES
Champion

Re: No Hala Passport partner after landing at SEZ - Website still lists Airtel as Passport partner

@JGC101 I have checked on Ooredoo's website and this information available but why there is not roaming service in Seychelles

Try to register manually on Airtel (Telecom Seychelles) if registration is not successfull and you are not able to use passport service

then please call to Ooredoo's customer care number which is mentioned in your message for instant reply and i hope you will get and problem will be solved

once your problem solved please share your experience here.

Leave Kudus if you Liked the Post, Aske Help by mentioning in post or PM me
accept as solution if post was helpful.
Tipster

Re: No Hala Passport partner after landing at SEZ - Website still lists Airtel as Passport partner

@sajidfarz

Thanks! I did not try manually registering on to Airtel as the SMS clearly said 'No Service partners..'.

Anyway, I am back in Doha now, hence the query on refund in my post. I had to make / depend on alternative arrangements and had completed my trip.

Tipster

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:

Ooredoo rep called to check the case details. It was a negative, we cannot do much as it is a Hala connection, was the first update. But once I explained my situation and pointed out the incorrect information in the Ooredoo website, they quickly checked that and called me again to confirm the credit of QAR 100 to my hala balance.

Issue is resolved! Smiley Very Happy

Good job customer support!